You don’t have to pass on the stuffing this holiday season! This flavorful dish is sure to become a comfort-food favorite. Make it a meal in itself by adding some ground sausage. And if you aren’t following a keto lifestyle, you can use any of our delicious Lewis Bake Shop breads in this recipe.
- 1 loaf of Lewis Bake Shop Healthy Life Keto Bread, torn or cut into small pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease an 8×8 baking dish. Set aside.
- Spread bread pieces in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the melted butter over the bread, and bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté the celery and onion for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Stir in the minced garlic and fresh herbs and sauté for 1 more minute. Remove from heat, and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and broth together.
- Combine the toasted bread pieces, the sautéed herbs, and the egg & broth mixture in a large bowl, and lightly toss to completely coat the bread pieces.
- Spread the combined mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish, and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the top is crispy and golden.
Sausage Stuffing Variation: For added flavor, mix in 1/2 to 1 pound of browned ground sausage to the stuffing mixture before baking in the oven.
Note: If using dried herbs (parsley, sage, thyme and rosemary) instead of fresh, change the measurement from a tablespoon to a teaspoon.